StimScience is a startup with a mission to translate advances in neuroscience into everyday consumer devices. Our science team has spent the past 3+ years pioneering applications of non-invasive, personalized brain stimulation. With funding from Khosla Ventures, we are building a team to launch the initial product of this breakthrough research - Somnee, the first headband to use personalized brain stimulation to directly improve sleep quality.
We are looking for a driven, talented entrepreneurial-minded Customer Success / Marketing Specialist to join our dream team. We’re looking for someone who is confident, pro-active and passionate about their work.
In this role, you’ll become an expert on the importance of sleep and responsible for delivering excellent customer service and support. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who loves working in a fast-paced startup environment and wants to help blaze the trail for future growth. This position is full of potential and great for someone interested in transitioning into marketing - will report to the Head of Growth and Ecommerce.
This position is “office optional.” You can do this job remotely, but if you prefer an office environment, we’ve got a fantastic office and sleep lab in downtown Berkeley. Position may require travel to the office, preferably located in the LA or SF area.
- Be the first contact to potential and existing customers on all platforms: phone, email, live chat, social ads, etc
- Be customer-centric; create the best experience for the customer by building rapport and brand loyalty
- Ensure accurate and timely response to customer requests
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution
- Work to become a Somnee brand expert in product and technology
- Document and report on customer loyalty and retention
- Grow your knowledge and create new help desk procedures and services
- Work on order management duties such as managing orders, changing shipping address, checking order status, canceling orders
- Assist with learning more about our target customers by conducting market research and fielding surveys with tools such as Typeform
- Be able to work independently, while knowing how/when to properly escalate critical customer issues and queries
- Work cross-functionally as needed
- Assist with creating marketing material
- Social media interest and experience
- Other duties may be assigned
- Excellent writing (grammar, spelling, punctuation) and documentation skills
- Excellent spoken communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Creative problem solver and self-starter
- Quick learner with positive can do attitude and high EQ
- Professional in tone and voice while resolving customer issues
- Flexible and adaptable to high-paced, ever changing environment - we are a small yet efficient team
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Outstanding computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and Google Drive
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in customer success or client facing role
- Previous call center and/or web chat experience
- Experience using help desk software like Zendesk, Gorgias, and customer record databases
- Proficiency with graphic design and video editing tools like Figma, Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro
- Shopify, Google Analytics and subscription model experience, strong plus
- College graduate
Who we look for
As an early stage startup, we have a lot to offer, but we recognize that we might not be a perfect fit for everyone.
You will fit in well at StimScience if…
- You love to learn. We encourage everyone on the team to stretch beyond their roles and develop skills in new areas, and we provide everyone with visibility into all aspects of our science and our business.
- You are a challenge-seeker. Not only are we creating a new-to-the-world consumer device and service, we are inventing a fundamentally new way of interacting with the brain. While we are not cavalier about the risks, we are motivated by the level of difficulty inherent in our business.
You are passionate about how neuroscience can improve peoples’ lives. Our team has founded successful neuroscience companies and includes truly world-class brain researchers. You don’t need to be a neuroscientist to fit in here, but you should find it interesting.
You might not be a great fit if…
- You crave structure. We are a small team with tons to figure out. We’ll offer you plenty of mentorship and collaboration, but you’ll need to set your own direction.
- You believe in ‘fake it til you make it’. We definitely have a bias for action, but we also recognize the responsibility that comes with products that customers rely on to improve their health. That means we make extra sure the science is sound and the product is worthy of customer trust before we ship.