StimScience is a startup in Berkeley, California with a mission to help everyone sleep better.
After years of research, we have launched Somnee — the world's first diagnostic and therapeutic wearable headband and sleep service that helps you fall asleep faster and achieve a longer, higher-quality restorative sleep. Sleep is the most important thing we can do to reset our brain and body health each day. Sleep health is central to mental health, long-term memory, learning, and physical fitness. Sleep is one of the brain's most critical functions, and our deep understanding of the neuroscience of sleep uniquely positions us to help solve the sleep health epidemic.
With initial funding from Khosla Ventures, we are building a world-class team to help launch life-changing products and services for individuals, employers, and health plans.
We are looking for a driven, talented entrepreneurial-minded Customer Support + Success Manager to join our dream team. We’re looking for someone who is confident, pro-active and passionate about their work.
In this role, you’ll become an expert on the importance of sleep and responsible for delivering excellent customer service and support. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who loves working in a fast-paced startup environment and wants to help blaze the trail for future growth.
- Be the first contact to potential and existing customers on all platforms: phone, email, live chat, social ads, etc
- Be customer-centric; create the best experience for the customer by building rapport and brand loyalty
- Ensure accurate and timely response to customer requests
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution
- Own Customer Support across all platforms - website, social (Reddit, IG/FB, Tiktok), app stores, etc.
- Identify Vendors to offshore support
- Prepare to scale up team of FTE/FTC
- Work to become a Somnee brand expert in product and technology
- Document and report on customer loyalty and retention
- Grow your knowledge and create new help desk procedures and services
- Work on order management duties such as managing orders, changing shipping address, checking order status, canceling orders
- Assist with learning more about our target customers by conducting market research and fielding surveys with tools such as Typeform
- Be able to work independently, while knowing how/when to properly escalate critical customer issues and queries
- Work cross-functionally as needed
- Assist with creating marketing material
- Social media interest and experience
- Other duties may be assigned
- Excellent writing (grammar, spelling, punctuation) and documentation skills
- Excellent spoken communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Creative problem solver and self-starter
- Quick learner with positive can do attitude and high EQ
- Professional in tone and voice while resolving customer issues
- Flexible and adaptable to high-paced, ever changing environment - we are a small yet efficient team
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Outstanding computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and Google Drive
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in customer success or client facing role
- Previous call center and/or web chat experience
- Experience using help desk software like Zendesk, Gorgias, and customer record database
- Shopify, Google Analytics and subscription model experience, strong plus
- College graduate
If you are passionate about building a culture of humble, happy, and self-motivated collaborators, you will fit in well at StimScience.
- Competitive compensation, including employee equity plan
- Hybrid and flexible work schedule
- Onsite state-of-the-art sleep lab for use
- Generous paid time off plan
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Wellness Stipends for your Monday Meditation + Workout Wednesdays
- Free sleep products
- A block from UC Berkeley = great food, energy, and culture
- Your work helps people live better lives
- We have a no "negatrons" policy!
You will join a pioneering team who have spent decades studying the brain, sleep disorders, and pioneering non-invasive brain stimulation. It includes world-renowned scientists, doctors, and advisors Dr. Matthew Walker, Ph.D., Dr. Rich Ivry, Ph.D., Dr. Robert Knight, M.D., Dr. Ram Gurumoorthy, and former brand, commercial, and product leaders that created the wearable category at Fitbit, GE, Google, and Samsung.