Location: Bay Area, CA
Position: Full time
StimScience is a startup with a mission to translate advances in neuroscience into everyday consumer devices. Our science team has spent the past 3+ years pioneering applications of non-invasive, personalized brain stimulation. With seed funding from Khosla Ventures, we are building a team to launch the initial product of this breakthrough research - Somnee, the first headband to use personalized brain stimulation to directly improve sleep quality.
Our science team consists of academic and medical experts in sleep, stimulation, neuroscience, and modeling. We are now looking for a talented individual to accelerate our data analytics, modeling, and reporting efforts. We are launching a large pilot to collect large data sets across demography and protocols – and in this role, the individual will be responsible for laying out the framework, the methods and models for building learning models and algorithms to generate the consumer focused metrics and sleep tracking models.
This position is “office optional.” You can do this job remotely with infrequent office visits, but if you prefer an office environment, we’ve got a fantastic office and sleep lab in downtown Berkeley.
- Architect the data analysis and learning framework for scalable modeling and measurements and interpretation of data – working with structured and unstructured data.
- Transfer data into analysis appropriate formats
- Develop deep dive analysis and machine learnings models of sleep and sleep scoring.
- Conduct exploratory analysis for developing consumer reportable metrics of sleep performance.
- Assist in designing and analyzing experiments to create a rich database of performance and demographic data.
- Work with the cloud data management and analytic teams for establishing a continual learning model of improving our algorithms and measures.
- Build tools for automation of data collation, analysis, and reporting.
- Ph.D. in data science, machine learning, computer science, statistics or informatics (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of data science and machine learning experience
- Extensive Modeling and Machine Learning background with actual application experience
- Experience with manipulating large scale structure and unstructured data
- Experience with common data science toolkits and statistics
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross-functionally across teams
- Strong documentation skills
- Demonstrated independent operation/development skills
- Experience implementing scalable analytical systems for the cloud
- Programming background with experience in Matlab, R, Python
- Bio-signal processing
If you are passionate about building a culture of humble, happy, and self-motivated collaborators, you will fit in well at StimScience.
- Competitive compensation, including employee equity plan
- Hybrid and flexible work schedule
- Onsite state-of-the-art sleep lab for use
- Generous paid time off plan
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Wellness Stipends for your Monday Meditation + Workout Wednesdays
- Free sleep products
- A block from UC Berkeley = great food, energy, and culture
- Your work helps people live better lives.
- We have a no "negatrons" policy!
You will join a pioneering team who have spent decades studying the brain, sleep disorders, and pioneering non-invasive brain stimulation. It includes world-renowned scientists, doctors, and advisors Dr. Matthew Walker, Ph.D., Dr. Rich Ivry, Ph.D., Dr. Robert Knight, M.D., Dr. Ram Gurumoorthy, and former brand, commercial, and product leaders that created the wearable category at Fitbit, GE, Google, and Samsung.