StimScience is a startup in Berkeley, California with a mission to help everyone sleep better.
After years of research, we have launched Somnee — the world's first diagnostic and therapeutic wearable headband and sleep service that helps you fall asleep faster and achieve a longer, higher-quality restorative sleep. Sleep is the most important thing we can do to reset our brain and body health each day. Sleep health is central to mental health, long-term memory, learning, and physical fitness. Sleep is one of the brain's most critical functions, and our deep understanding of the neuroscience of sleep uniquely positions us to help solve the sleep health epidemic.
With initial funding from Khosla Ventures, we are building a world-class team to help launch life-changing products and services for individuals, employers, and health plans.
We seek an Art Director to define and implement the creative vision, brand direction, and product interface design across every expression and channel: ID systems, Product Design, Packaging, Executive Presentations, Mobile UI, Web, Social, Email, Retail, and Advertising. You will directly shape what customers see, touch, and feel when they experience Somnee. This is a dream job for the right person to stretch into. As a leader, doer, cultural influencer, and magnet of ideas, this is a strategically important role for the company, and you will report directly to our new CEO.
- 7+ years of Design/UI/Art Direction experience on the client or agency side; 4+ years hiring/managing agency partners, freelancers, and building teams.
- A portfolio of elevated design execution across mobile, web, social, email, advertising, print/packaging, retail, and exec presentations.
- Nice to have: illustration/photography/editing/motion/AI experience.
- MFA or BFA in Graphic Design.
- High Proficiency in Figma or Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Keynote, and PPT (Google Slides, Canva a plus but not required).
- Startup experience is desired - we are a small, growing team, and you should be prepared and excited to embrace the freedom.
- Strong communicator who can articulate ideas and provide and receive clear, productive feedback.
- Working knowledge of Google Docs/Sheets/Slides for presentations.
- A cultural leader and positive role model for the team, who motivates through strong collaboration and teamwork- no negatrons!
- Oversee simultaneous projects from inception to completion, being hands-on in the design and deliverables.
- A passion for sleep, wearables, wellness, and a vision for how to connect the hearts and minds of consumers.
If you are passionate about building a culture of humble, happy, and self-motivated collaborators, you will fit in well at StimScience.
- Competitive compensation, including employee equity plan
- Hybrid and flexible work schedule
- Onsite state-of-the-art sleep lab for use
- Generous paid time off plan
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Wellness Stipends for your Monday Meditation + Workout Wednesdays
- Free sleep products
- A block from UC Berkeley = great food, energy, and culture
- Your work helps people live better lives
- We have a no "negatrons" policy!
You will join a pioneering team who have spent decades studying the brain, sleep disorders, and pioneering non-invasive brain stimulation. It includes world-renowned scientists, doctors, and advisors Dr. Matthew Walker, Ph.D., Dr. Rich Ivry, Ph.D., Dr. Robert Knight, M.D., Dr. Ram Gurumoorthy, and former brand, commercial, and product leaders that created the wearable category at Fitbit, GE, Google, and Samsung.